The Health Care Cloud by Optum
Connect. Exchange. Evolve.
With the Optum health care cloud, we’re building a better environment for health IT, one that supports a more intelligent, connected and aligned health system. Optum’s health care cloud is the first such environment built exclusively for the health system and all of its participants – from patients to physicians and health IT administrators to hospitals, pharmacies and health plans.
The health care cloud from Optum makes it easier for health professionals to manage their work and their day, to implement user-friendly apps, to collaborate with peers and patients, and to access information that supports patient and population health decisions. As a provider, health administrator or developer, the Optum health care cloud delivers the tools you need to connect, coordinate care, create innovative apps, and access your IT simply and securely from any Internet-connected device.
How does the Optum health care cloud work?
The Optum health care cloud delivers apps and secure communications capabilities that meet the highly specialized needs of the health system, supporting fully informed, better-coordinated care and treatment decisions. The system enables users — including patients, clinicians and health administrators — to access essential intelligence and share information through one simple interface. Supported by strategic partners such as Cisco, EMC, HP and IBM, the Optum health care cloud offers:
- A simple, secure dashboard where users can manage their work and their day, and select, install and use health apps and communicate via text, email or video with colleagues, peers and patients
- Tools and utilities for developers to more easily create new health apps and bring them to market
- Resources to help IT managers easily deploy applications across their networks
Why use the Optum health care cloud?
As a platform built to simplify and improve health care, the Optum health care cloud can help:
- Align systems and support broad IT integration
- Improve efficiency and productivity
- Coordinate better patient care
- Inform care decisions
- Reduce costs
- Unlock innovation
Connect the right information to achieve better, more patient-centered care Read more.